Sunday 1 August 2010

Insomniac

It's very late!
A recovering insomniac and tonight I have 'fallen off the waggon'.

As a kid I struggled to sleep. My mind always working overtime, imagination overdrive.

As an adult it is the same. At 4pm I can sleep anywhere by 8pm my body wants to sleep but my mind is jumping up and down craving some action.
I've tried all the recommended self - help don't eat after a certain time. Use your bedroom for sleeping, no TV, computers. Put lavender on your pillows, play soothing music, have a bath....... My body loves the self-help stuff. It makes no difference to my mind, it couldn't give a crap!

I resorted to sleeping pills - my mind can't beat those babies! 9pm I slip one down with a cool glass of water by 10pm my mind is screaming 'I give up go to sleep!'

Every now and again - tonight is one of those every now and again's - my mind gets so overactive even the pills can't make it clock off for the night.
And I have to go with it. I know I will suffer the next day but after years of semi functioning on little or no sleep I guess I'll survive one night right?

No comments:

Post a Comment