Monday 31 August 2009

The Adventure Begins

Redundant with no fixed source of income!

I have no 'real' excuse at not having a job lined up - there are plenty of vacancies out there and I've had plenty of time to apply.

The truth is I don't want another 9-5 job, where: Flexibility, Well Being, Family...... are just words without meaning or action attached to them.

This is the first time I have openly admitted to myself, or others that I no longer feel the passion for my work within a charity.

It's not the many disadvantaged young people I have supported over the last 15yrs. I still care passionately for them and the barriers they face and have overcome.

I do not however feel passion for working in a corporate enviroment where politics and red tape come between been able to help and support a young person or not.

It feels good to say what I have been feeling over the last few months. It gives me a sense of relief - not sure I will be saying that next month when I have to pay the bills!

But for now I feel an excitment that I haven't felt for a long time, that feeling of adventure, when you are begining a journey that you have never trod before and you are 'itching' to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment