Friday 7 August 2009

I have had one of the most overwhelming few weeks! I work for a highly respected National organisation. for most of my time there i have loved, indeed been passionate about the work i do. although in the last couple years there has been many changes, restructures, consultations, and redundancies, leaving employees (myself included) realing, overwhelmed and trying to catch their breath! It has left the organisation working in a completely different way and in some ways that I neither understand or agree with. It has been left with an inexperienced management structure who, to be honest I am ashamed and embarrassed to be connected with. While all this has been happening I have focussed, as much as possible, on my work, confident that although I do not agree with everything, that I can continue to work with and support the people I am passionate about, helping them to move forward in their lives despite massive disadvantages! But events over these weeks have forced me to reevaluate why I have stayed in this organisation? Finding cellspin is giving me the platform to write my thoughts, feelings, and to give you the opportunity to follow me on my journey, which will be a journey of fear, uncertainty as I have no idea how this will all resolve itself?My position as I write this is I have accepted Voluntary redundancy (or was maybe forced into it, im not sure?)So i guess for now you are as up to date as i am with all this. Over the coming weeks as the adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment